Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Brinley's 1st day of Preschool!!!

Can you see the joy and excitement in her face? The 1st day of preschool!! She has been waiting for this for weeks!! It was a sad day when the big kids went to school and she had to stay home. But, today was her day and she was all about it.

She told me that she wanted her hair just down & curly today. I thought it turned out great! (for me, I don't make my girls hair very cute some days) Thanks mom for my birthday present (new chi!!) I think it helps make my girls hair darling!

She was asking me how she should but her hands in the picture. I said just down, by your legs.

So in this picture, she has her hand on her leg and the other holding her WONDERFUL backpack, that she loves to pull around on wheels. I don't know why I bought her one of those kinds of backpacks, I guess the baby of the family always gets what they want, right?

She did not want to sit in her carseat on the way to school. She said it would mess up her hair if she sits back in her seat. So it was a little funny to see her sitting with her head forward, so she wouldn't mess up her hair! It has already begun, the life of a teenager!!
She put her backpack on the star with her name on it. She was a little nervous about that.

Then she had to find the alligator with her name on it, then sit on that spot for the day. She was so excited to stay. As I walked out to the car, my eyes started burning a little bit, then a lump started forming in my throat, I got a little choked up! I promised that I wouldn't do that!! My baby, in preschool, I couldn't believe it! Now what was I going to do?

9 comments:

Jaycee said...

ADORABLE! haha she looks beautiful! good job sis! im so glad that outfit fits her! :]

Eric and Jenny said...

Can she seriously look any cuter, Melissa you have the most darling kids! I LOVE her hair and that outfit, so cute! I hope preschool is everything she dreamed it would be and that you are doing okay with it. It was so fun seeing you all the other day at the store, cute family. And tell Jaycee I think she looks gorgeous in her picture by her comment.

Heidi Green said...

Darling - what do you mean you don't do their hair cute?! My daughter is at the stage where I practically have to bribe her to even let me comb her hair.

My kids want the rolling backpacks too; I'm sure I'll be the same way and give in to the younger ones. I never let my older kids have "light-up" shoes (they drive me crazy) but caved for the third child. :-)

Jamie Kent said...

She looks so cute! I love her hair! She looks so excited to go to preschool! I can't believe she is that old!

TW said...

What a little doll she is!!! It sure makes it alot of fun when they are excited to go to school. Hope she has a great year.

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh my gosh, could she look any cuter. So cute Melissa, seriously!! It is crazy that she is in preschool, makes me realize how old carson is getting too.

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

She is so adorable. I cannot believe how big your kids are getting.

Heather said...

Those pictures are so cute! What happened to little Brinley, she is all grown up! I love the story about her not wanting to mess up her hair. We really miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa and Chris,
I don't remember how I found you, but I did. I hope you don't mind. Your family is so big.And cute of Course. Sounds like you are all getting along ok. We are is Boise now. We love it here. i hope all is well and if you want to check out our blog.. it is.. www.timandjenfam@blogspot.com
Take Care,
Jenny Needles