Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bear Lake Condo Trip

We went up to Bear Lake this week for a few days. We let Austin and Taylee take a friend. It was a lot of fun. The boys like playing tennis and the girls liked running around outside until....

We woke up to snow the next morning. The wind was blowing so hard!! Freezing! Activities included: a lot of movies, playing x-box and running around the condo like crazy kids!!



The girls were content during a movie, but then we needed a new activity, sooooooo


I got tough and went out in the FREEZING cold tempatures and took the kids swimming. Brinley was in heaven!

The kids had fun jumping off the side of the pool. I got a good mid-air shot!


I froze watching them swim, apparently it was a lot warmer in the water than out!

The beach was cold, we didn't stay long, just enough to get some seashells and head back.
I love Bear Lake! I have gone there every summer for lots of years! I enjoy the time to relax and unwind. It was a cold trip this time, but still fun!

5 comments:

Souli & Ashley said...

They are nuts to go swiming how did they keep warm. You are a brave mom. I"m glad it was fun, remember when we used to all go up. That was fun I wish we still had traditions like that.

Biffy said...

Melissa! This is the perfect post to say hi to your blog! We went to Bear Lake the week before you. I have pictures of the same pool with the same freezing temperatures. It didn't snow on us, though. We were in Island Park for the snow! Where's the June sunshine love?
Your family is darling! Thanks for sharing. :)

Eric and Jenny said...

My heck I can't believe it snowed it's June! That brings back such happy memories. That was one of my favorite vacations when we all would go there for a few days every summer. That's fun that you now get to take your kids, your a great mom to take them swimming in cold temperatures. I doubt I would have been as nice.

Jill said...

I can't believe how cold it has been. I love going to Bear Lake it is so much fun. Looks like your kids had fun. I remember us going when we were young.

Thiago & Teri said...

Aaaahhh..Freezing.crazy kids. You couldn't have dragged me up out there. Kids never seem to care though. I will repeat what everyone else has said and say I too use to love when we would go up there. I remember one year in particular, where Jaycee loved the Pocahontas soundtrack. Do you remember us all sitting around listening to her sing Colors of the wind...she was like 4 or 5. And she was so stinkin cute!!