Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Camping

We went camping in Idaho at Devil's Creek for the memorial day weekend. We got there right at dark on Friday night, So we grilled up some hot dogs and hamburgers that night and went to bed. This is Chris the next morning cooking us all breakfast. Yumm, Yumm!

Chris's parents let us borrow their trailer for the weekend. Thank you, thank you so much for that!! It fit our little family perfect! This is the kids eating their breakfast saturday morning.

Austin's best friend, Hunter, was there with his family. They were the only boys there over the age of 3! So they were glad to have each other. They played a lot of gameboy and playstation (when chris would let them turn on the generator)
There were 13 kids total and only 5 were boys, so the rest were girls ranging from 3 years old to 8 years old. They enjoyed collecting and "tending" fuzzy caterpillers. They had names for them all, and they all took turns watching and playing with them.

This is us eating dinner in the trailer Saturday night. It was a little cold to eat outside that night.


Brinley enjoying a smore around the fire that night!

Chris and his friend, Kyle, took a lot of the kids fishing down to the dam. Look how pretty it was!


Brinley and Chris fishing.

All that work and only 2 fish!! the kids enjoyed it though.

In the end we ended up with 4 fish! Good job boys!

Tuckered out girls on the way home.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend. I love to go camping, we missed you at Grandpa Woodyatts.

Eric and Jenny said...

What a fun weekend, I love camping over holiday weekends somehow it just seems funner that way. I seriously get cravings for hotdogs cooked over a campfire there is nothing better is my opinion. I am glad Austin had a friend poor guys surrounded by all those little girls.

Thiago & Teri said...

I love camping, well trailer camping. I don't like to be totally without, you guys did it the right way!! We missed you at Grandpa's, but looks like you had tons of fun. What a cute little group of girls, bet Taylee was in heaven.

Souli & Ashley said...

Camping is fun if you have trailer. We missed you guys today but I'm glad you did something fun for yourselves and the kids.

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

That looks like fun. I am not a camper, but now that I am getting older I think only about my kids and know that they would absolutly love it.

Ryan said...

Snyder's
I found your blog through John and Shauna's Blog. It was a fun weekend we should do it again. My girls loved playing with all the other girls there. Great Pictures.

Ryan Barfuss