Thursday, April 16, 2009

Reagan's Funeral

Reagan Lillie Crook, Born July 26th, 2006 - passed away April 11th, 2009


Making a trip to "Wyoming in the snow storm we just had, was exciting, but we made it. We headed out Wednesday afternoon and got there in time to go to the end of the viewing that night. This was the first time my kids saw her and came to the reality of all this. I think I started crying first, memories came back as soon as I saw her laying there. Chris was next to follow with tears, then Austin. Wow, he had a hard time. He loved her so much & he is actually old enough to understand more than my other kids. There was this lady there at the viewing, who had downs syndrome and saw him crying. She came up to him and hugged him and talked to him. It was really cute. After she left, I asked him if he knew she was like Reagan, and he knew, i think somehow that made it better.
We went to Michelle & Shane's house for dinner. We had never been to their house before. They built it a few years ago. Very cute. Chris's parents up us up in a "log Cabin motel" for the night, thanks!


The cabins were very cute and fun.

The funeral was tear jerking, like expected. My children were asked to sing "I am a Child of God" with their cousins. They did a great job. I know that was very hard for them to do.
The cemetary was covered in snow still, so this is not where she is actually being buried, her spot is still covered in snow. This was the most cleared off space there.




This is Devin, Reagan's big brother. He is 4 years old, pall bearer, how cute is he?


This is Ellie, Reagan's sister, she is 6 years old, and Michelle, Reagan's mom.


The dinner provided by their ward was wonderful. The girls were inceperable these last 2 days. Oh I wish we lived closer. They wanted to show off their big pieces of cake!
Thank you all for you love and concern for our families loss. She ment a lot to us.

8 comments:

Thiago & Teri said...

So sweet, I am glad you guys got the chance to go and say goodbye. I am sure your family was so glad to have everyone together. Love you guys, thinking of you still...

Mommamort said...

Family is important always, but especially at times like these. Austin couldn't quit talking about his cousins when we rode over to the school tonight. He shared his new pictures and everything. I loved listening to him. He is a sweet boy.

debra said...

Oh, I can only imagine the sweet memories that were made, and how tough it must have been. Star Valley snow is pretty intense. We're hoping it's gone by Memorial Day though!

Love you guys!!!

Heidi Green said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Reagan looked like such a special spirit. It's wonderful when you have the chance to become close to someone like that. Best wishes for your whole family.

TW said...

Your posts have been so touching...thanks for sharing and I hope you will all be okay. Don't we wish we could all be where we know sweet little Reagan is?

Jamie Kent said...

I am so sorry. Those pictures are tear jerking. I am glad you have such a great family and faith. I am excited to see you the first weekend in May.

Heather said...

Your family is amazing. What a difficult thing you all have had to go through. I remember when Reagan was born while I worked at Primary Children's. It sounds like she was an amazing little girl that touched all of your lives. We love and miss you guys. Bryan & Heather

Anonymous said...

Her little casket is so tiny! I hope that you continue to feel the comfort of the spirit during this hard time for your family.