Sunday, April 5, 2009

Prayers for Reagan

This is my sweet niece, Reagan. She is Chris's sister, Michelle's daughter. She is very special to our family. She was born early with a hole in her heart and also with Downs syndrome. She will be 3 years old in July. Doesn't her face want to make you smile!



Reagan is now at the Primary Childrens Hospital in a coma. She had a 2 inch tumor in her brain which made her non responsive and shifted her brain over to which she had a stroke and is now on a ventalator and in a coma.
Oh how my heart aches, to know that this precious child is going through all these trials in her young life. She must of been one of the most special spirits up in heaven that needed to come down for a body and touch peoples hearts. She has definatly touched mine!


It is so hard for our whole family to go through this waiting period of what is to happen next. We all know that this is in our Heavenly Father's hands now. We know that what will happen is for the best of Reagan, but it is so hard to think that it might be in the negative. We all have hope of everything turning out for the best, but when the doctors are thinking "grim", and "grave", it is hard to keep up hope. We will all think of better "gr" words, like Groovy, Great,& Grand.

My kids have a hard time talking about it. They ask daily if there is any news about her. I know they love her and are keeping her in their heart.

Primary Children has a web site that is updated about Reagan daily.
it is /www.carepages.com/carepages/Cucumber/updates
We love you Reaggie!

3 comments:

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

She is adorable. Children with downs sure know how to make it into the sweetest spot in your heart. Whenever I see them they just make me smile. I hope the best for her and her amazing family.

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh Melissa I'm sorry...what a sweetheart she seems to be. You all are in my thought and prayers.

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh I hate news like that, she definitely has one sweet little face, you can just tell she is a special little spirit. I will be praying....