Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jack Rabbit Hill

We decided to go sledding during the christmas break. There is a hill in Garland called Jack Rabbit Hill, and we had never been there before, so we called up some friends, the Barfuss Family, and headed out for the afternoon.

Taylee getting ready to go down the hill
The girls were all trying to pull Brinley UP in the sled, kind of difficult, I ended up pulling her up the rest of the way.

This is me, I apparently have outgrown my snowpants! I got this ski outfit in college, so about 15 years ago, and apparently snowpants were just shorter in those days, or I have gotten taller? Whatever the case may be, They still FIT me around the waist! woo hoo for me!


Paisley and Brinley watching everyone go down the hill.

Chris taking Taylee down...........
Austin going down........

We found a jump and Austin got brave and decided to jump it! He did well, so then everyone started too.

Chris even did it. He got some air! It looks like he is going to bend the sled in half!

7 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

That looks like so much fun, I wanted to go sledding so badly while Eric was here and we just never made it. Who cares about short pants, it's definitely the waist that matters!

Anonymous said...

Looks like alot of fun! We haven't been sledding this year. I hope your New Year has started out well and that everyone is healthy and happy!

TW said...

I can't even remember the last time I went sledding. It sure looks fun. Happy New Year. Love you.

Thiago & Teri said...

I'm with Jenny...much better that they still fit around the waist. Way to go....you are so dang skinny and cute though. Sledding looks fun, I think Carson would absolutely love that.

Biffy said...

I love sledding! We went over the Christmas holidays and had a great time. I love the picture of Chris going off the jump. Fun times!

Heidi Green said...

We used to go sledding almost every week when we lived in Park City and I've only been once since we moved. Your post made me totally want to go again! It looks like you all had such a great time. I also love it when the dads get into it just as much as the kids do. Super fun post.

Hey, also... Courtnie said that Jamie said ;-)
that we should all get together for lunch or something. I'm totally up for that, it'd be fun.

Jamie Kent said...

Gosh, we haven't even went sledding yet either! Those pictures do make you want to go. You are such a dork to fit in your old clothes like that! Why do you gotta be so skinny? J/K That really is awesome! I was going to tell you the Color Guard looked so good at the ballgame the other night. You can tell you put in a lot of work! Way to go all of you!