Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The BIG 60!

This past week was my father-in-law's birthday. He turned 60! That was a little weird for me, since my parents are only 53 & 51 years old. I did not think he was that "old". Well he definatly does not look it. We had a party for him to celebrate this occasion with him.

He is a great father-in-law to me. He has always made me feel like I am part of his family. He has told me numerous times that I am one of his daughters and he loves me the same. I want to thank him for that. That means a lot to me.
He is a awesome grandpa to his grandkids, 10 grandkids in all! As you can see in these pictures, my kids also adore their grandpa. He is a busy man with working at USU and traveling to various seminars and meetings, but he does find time to come to a soccer game or a school assembly, & I know my kids really enjoy that he does.


And last but not least, he is a great dad to Chris. I know they have had their differences through the years, like all parents and kids do, but they are so much alike. Not only in their looks (cause they look like twins) but also in their mannerisms, health (which is not good), & personality. I guess that is why I like my father-in-law so much, he is very similar to my huspand.

Thank you Don for all that you do for my family. You make us all feel loved and wanted in your life and we feel the same for you. We hope you make this next year a great one! We love you!

Chris, Don, & Brian (Chris's little brother)

6 comments:

Amy said...

60? Come on, that's a spring chick. My parents are pushing mid-70's. I have to agree, he is a great grandpa and has always made me feel like a daughter as well.

Eric and Jenny said...

Wow, that is kinda crazy how much they look alike, he seems like a great Grandpa to your kids. Lance and his fiance just came over to my house tonight, I thought it was so sweet of them, tell him thanks again if you see him. I love your family, you are all so wonderful!

nana said...

Melissa, thank your for announcing to the whole world that I'm 60 years old! Seriously, I really appreciate being featured on your blog. I do consider you as one of my daughters. I love your precious children. And of course I have special feelings for your husband too. Thanks for the memories. Love, Don

TW said...

Wow, do those two ever look alike! Tell Taylee she was born to be a cheerleader just like her Mom. Cute pictures.

Thiago & Teri said...

Sounds like such a great guy, and you are right they do look so much alike. Both very handsome men!

Anonymous said...

WOW Chris now you know what you will look like at 60!