Thursday, October 16, 2008

MY LITTLE FARMER

Every week for the past 6 weeks or so, I help out my family by picking tomatoes for the Saturday's Farmer's Market. I usually pick them while Brinley is at preschool, so there is no distractions. Well this week, I had a helper.

She is all ready, Gloves and all!
She did really great (at first). She helped me pick all the RED tomatoes, not the GREEN ones! This is something that she had to keep reminding me!

Then she got tired and just played in the dirt most of the time!

She did help me take off the stems from the tomatoes, so she just sat by the basket and I handed the tomatoes to her.

Her favorite ones were the BABY ones! Every small tomatoe we found she called it a baby!
They are so cute, she would say.
But her favorite part of all, was to ride or help drive (she thinks) the 4 wheeler.
Thanks sweetie, you made picking tomatoes fun and memerable (and twice the time to pick them) haha

9 comments:

Souli & Ashley said...

So cute always fun to have a helper even if it does take that much longer. Thats how my cleaning days are. Takes so long with those extra little pair of hands. But so cute they need to have these kind of experiences so that they learn.

Eric and Jenny said...

I get so amazed at all that you do, you work harder than anybody I know. Cute Brinley she looks so darling helping you pick the tomatoes. Sometimes their little company is worth the extra time it takes.

Thiago & Teri said...

She is so sweet..I love that little face. I didn't know that your family did the farmers market, I don't know how I missed that.

Amy said...

She is such a doll. It looks like she had fun. I love it when they're at the age when "helping" and work is fun.

Jamie Kent said...

Those are dang cute pictures! I sware Melissa do you ever sit down and take a rest? My goodness girl you are amazing!

TW said...

What a cute little farm girl she makes. It brings back alot of happy memories of growing up on a farm.

Heidi Green said...

What a great experience for your family to work on the farm together. Tomatoes... yum!

Anonymous said...

So cute. Your toamtoes look really yummy!

Courtnie said...

Melissa, You are so lucky to be able to work on a farm like that! My daughter Gracie has always wished we lived on a farm and she says she will marry a farmer one day and be a cowgirl. Your kids are lucky to experience all that!
How is colorguard going? I hear your doing a great job!
By the way, your kids are so cute.