Sunday, July 27, 2008

24th of July

It is tradition to go to the Bear River City Park on the 24th every year. This year I had my little mini color guard camp join in on the parade!! I was expecting maybe 25 or so girls, I think about 60 or so showed up!!! Is'n't that exciting! I had tears in my eyes at the end of the parade. I was given so many complements on how great the program is doing now and just to watch the parents on the side of the road with their camera and video camera just grinning from ear to ear, waiting to see their daughter march down the street in their very first parade!! THAT is what makes this job all worth it!


Practicing before the parade started.
Brinley working so hard, concentrating!

Taylee remembering the MOVES.

Group photo before we started marching.

Taylee, me & Brinley in our twinner shirts.

After the parade, it is the baby show. It was my first year with out a baby in the show! how sad, not really, I like the stage of life I am in right now. Dax was in the baby show, but before he went on, we were playing on the tractor/trailer to stay occupied. Dac won the bubbliest personality by singing the ABC's in front of everyone! Way to go Dax!

Group photo while watching the races

Brinley running very fast. Look at that little smile. She said this was her favorite part of the day.

Taylee running hard!


Austin running even harder!! We did not win any races this year. That is ok, we are still the champions at the Willard Park!!

They had sack races too. Taylee, Brinley, and Dax all wanted to do it. Dax did not want a sack, he just wanted to RUN! Brinley was hopping just fine until........

She was the only one left, then she started crying! It was the funniest, but cutest thing ever!

Austin told me that he was going to ride a sheep this year at the rodeo! I really did not think he would get on a sheep, but he fooled me. He was just 2 pounds shy of being the limit to ride, so I guess this is his last year to ride. He looks really serious getting on this "bucking" sheep.


AND THERE HE GOES!!!!


He did not stay on too much longer than that picture. He landed on his knee when he fell off and he limped out of the arena! I had to laugh, it was just really funny when he was telling me the story of his ride. I had to take his picture! Isn't he so cute! (i mean handsome)


Later that night, after we ate pizza, we had our own firework show out on the driveway again.
I love my family and I love traditions! Until next year....

9 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

That sounds like a great day. You should be so proud of yourself, what a huge accomplishment. I have not seen Dax in forever I can't believe how big he has gotten. Good job Austin on that sheep, he does in fact look very cute!

Souli & Ashley said...

Fun day full of excitement I can see. That is awesome 60 girls I bet you are are proud. You have such cute girls all in your matching shirts.

Jamie Kent said...

That is a cute picture of you and your girls... you all look alike! That is awesome about all those girls showing up for the parade. You do do a really good job! You should be proud! Way to go Melissa!

Jill said...

I remember when we used to go with you guys, that was fun. I can't belive how old Austin looks, I think it is the hair. You and the girls look cute in your matching shirts.

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh, I remember going to that when I was younger...it was so much fun!! I am glad to see you guys are still doing that, cute pics. Way to go Austin on that sheep, he looks like a true cowboy!!

TW said...

Nothing better than small town celebrations. The kids look like they sure had fun. Tell Austin he looked great on that sheep.

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

That is a lot of girls to keep track of. I am glad it turned out great. I have always wanted to get Kalea on a sheep but I don't even know where to begin. Looks like he did a great job

Heidi Green said...

It was so fun to see you at the parade last Saturday!! The color guard was a highlight of the parade - they were fantastic! My sister said you have a great reputation around town for really being fantastic with those girls - it shows!

Biffy said...

I love celebrations like that. What a fun tradition for your family. Everything seems picture perfect!