Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cheer/Dance/Clogging Competition

Well, last saturday was a very, very busy, crazy day. Taylee & Austin has a competiton at the High school, which I am so glad that it was in town, or the day would not of worked!

First, was Taylee's cheerleading. She did such a great job. All of my pictures were fuzzy, I really don't like taking pictures in a gym, they never turn out.
She is a "flyer", which she thinks that is so cool. In this dance, they rotate her around in a circle. She was very brave and stayed super stiff! Way to go sis!

Next, was dancing. she performed ballet & Jazz. We had to run and do a really quick costume change between performaces, but we all made it just fine.


She is always out there just smiling! Loving every minute of it. Well as soon as Taylee was done, there were 10 more numbers than it was Austin. well the problem was he was playing his soccer game in East Garland. So I fly to the soccer field & he is playing. I hoped his dad would see that I was there and sub him out. Oh, no not him, he subbed out everyone but Austin!! so I am freaking out waiting for the halftime whistle to blow, cause we are going to be late!
As soon as the half ended, he jumped in the van & I flew to the high school. He changed out of his sweaty soccer clothes into his clogging clothes in the back seat. I dropped him off at the door, he ran in as I parked the car. I flew into the gym just as they were walking on to compete. They had been waiting 10 minutes for Austin to arrive!!!

His teacher told me that she would wait for him, and she did! They performed two numbers back to back. He is a great clogger, wow!! His hair was very wind blown! we did not have time to comb it or wet it down!

His partner & him are a great team. they perform very well together.
After he was done, we raced back to the soccer field, with him once again, changing in the back seat. we made it back to the game, he ran in and assisted in a goal to tie the game!! wow, what a crazy, busy afternoon!


3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Wow, that is crazy, you are great to make all that in one day, I guess that is just part of being a mom. Is that my cousin Kamryn in that picture with Taylee, I didn't know they were buddies that's cute!

Thiago & Teri said...

oh my gosh, I am tired just thinking about all that. Way to make it all work mom. Cute kids.

Amy said...

Melissa, that's a great story. Taylee is so cute and looks so grown up. Austin is quite a trooper!