Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Trip with 200 Teenagers!

Ok, you are all probably thinking, she is crazy to go all the way to California on a Bus with 200 people!! Yeh, you are probably right, but I had the time of my life! I have never laughed so hard that I cried and we had wonderful experiences that I will never forget!
The BRH Color Guard, Marching Band, Orchestra, Drama Club, & Choir all went on tour together. We had four tour buses full. The trip down, during the night was hard and I did not sleep well, but it was WONDERFUL to get to the hotel and sleep in my own bed!! I don't think I moved at all the entire night. I was in the same position when I woke up!
Our first day, we went to Cal State Long Beach for clinics. It was a long day, since we had been on a bus all night. The clinic we went to was ok, but I really enjoyed the band clinic. That college instructor spent time with each individual student and helped them play better. It was amazing of the results in just 2 hours!


The next 2 days, we went to Disneyland!! This is Myself, Kristy, my assistant advisor, and Becca, the choir directors daughter & sister to one of my color guard girls. We hung out all week, along with a few of our awesome color guard girls.
Kristy & I found Goofy, and decided to "plant one" on him. I was too occupied about where the camera was though. He was embarrassed after the picture. He hid under his ears for awhile.

I have never been to Disneyland and actually got my picture taken with Mickey. I have seen him, but always too many people or from a distance. I feel so tall when I stood next to him. doesn't he just make you want to smile!


Our favorite part of the time was going on rides and laughing at our pictures taken during the rides. This is Splash Mountain. We got soaked!! The funny thing about this picture is that the little family in the back of our "log" was from Tremonton. The dad played high school basketball with my brother, Bryan. What a small world!



I even got to see Minnie. What great luck I had with Characters!

After we performed in the parade through California Adventures, we all, 17 of us color guard, went on the Tower of Terror together. I few did not want to ride it, cause it was "scary". But we are all great persuaders, so here is the picture. I actually bought the picture, it is the only time we were all together the whole trip, besides performing.

The next day, we went to the walk of stars in Hollywood. I found this star! OOOH LALA!

I also found a man dressed up as the transformer, Bumble Bee. I had to have my picture taken with him. Our family is transformer fans.

That night we ate at Midevil Times. That is the most fun I have had during a dinner before. there was so many of us that we were split into 2 different teams. Which made it fun, cause there was a little rival going on. You have to cheer for your color of knight.

It was amazing how it was all set up.

Our knight was the Green Knight. He was evil, so that made it fun. He went all the way to the end except evil never prevails in these kinds of things, but it was so fun to cheer.

I had to take this picture of my dinner. It actually is not all here, but I could not believe I got a half of chicken!! Spareribs, potatoes, garlic bread & apple fritter came too! And ALL of it is eaten with your hands!!!
This picture I could not resist taking is on the ride home. I slept better on the ride home, but it is funny how everyone slept. Most were on the floor in the isle.
It was a great trip, I will do it again in 2 years!

9 comments:

TW said...

Oh, that sound like such a fun time. The pictures were great and makes me want to be there right now. What a fun perk to go along with your job. Can't wait to see the family trip...have fun!!!

Biffy said...

This looks like a super fun trip! Not everyone would be willing to jump on a bus full of teenagers. Way to go, Melissa!

Heidi Green said...

What a great idea to have all of those groups go on tour together!! It looks like you had a great time.

Janna said...

How fun Melissa! Looks like you got to do all the California tourist stuff! I just noticed your Disneyland countdown how long will you guys be there, we are leaving on the 21st to go down! Email me

Janna said...

haha Email would be nice...
jasonandjanna@gmail.com

Eric and Jenny said...

You are so great, I love that you went on that trip! That looks like so much fun, what a good sport you are getting your picture taken with Mickey and Minnie! I love midevil times Eric and I went there once only our green knight won, it was very exciting.

Jamie Kent said...

I think it looks like you had too much fun Melissa!

Thiago & Teri said...

So much fun...I am sure all those teenagers kept things interesting for you! It will be so much fun for you to go back with your little ones. We are going to try and go in October, and I can't wait!

Amy said...

Wow. I can tell you had a great time, and you were very brave on the rides! I have been to a Midevil Times dinner before and I could not believe the chicken! Rock on!